The Benefits of Teledentistry For Dentists
Teledentistry is a new form of dental care that is rapidly being adopted by dentists, specialists, and other dental professionals. Teledentistry merges telecommunication with dentistry in order to enable a better, faster, and more secure means of communication between dentists and patients. This communication can occur over a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or any device with an internet connection. This makes teledentistry a very convenient way to provide dental consultations and advice. Below are just a few of the benefits that a dentist can reap thanks to teledentistry:
- Reduced chair times. Teledentistry makes it possible to reduce the amount of time that patients spend in the chair at the dentist’s office. Consultations can be done virtually so that patients do not have to physically be in the dentist’s chair in order to get dental advice. This allows dentists to treat a higher amount of patients in one day, as consultations are done remotely.
- Post-op check ups. Thanks to teledentistry, post-op dental checkups are easier for dentists, as they can simply check in with their patients electronically. Dentists can remotely communicate with the patient, who can send their dentist information on how they are progressing after the operation. The dentist can then focus on providing treatment to other patients, rather than spending time on check-ups.
- Second opinions. If a dentist has doubts or concerns regarding the treatment that a patient requires, they can consult with a specialist via teledentistry. A specialist can provide a second opinion to a dentist remotely. Teledentistry makes it easy for the dentist to digitally consult with other dental professionals in order to provide the best care to their patients.
- Access to patients in remote locations. Because of Teledentistry, dentists are able to treat more patients—no matter where they are located. Dentists can provide remote consultations to patients that may not have dental clinics nearby.
The Benefits of Teledentistry For Patients
As many dental professionals are now incorporating the use of teledentistry into their offices, teledentistry is rapidly advancing throughout the dental world. Patients are able to see the positive impact of teledentistry in their daily lives. Teledentistry provides various benefits to patients that they may not get from traditional, in-person dental care. Here are some ways in which tele-dentistry can benefit a dental patient:
- Emergency dental care. If a patient is having a dental emergency, they can quickly connect with a dentist through teledentistry. The teledentist can provide a more accurate assessment of the patient’s dental issues, prescribe the medication that a patient needs, and save patients the inconvenience of the trip and expenses associated with visiting an emergency room.
- No more travel issues or long waits: Patients no longer have to undertake a long trip to visit a dental clinic, nor do they have to spend a long time in a waiting room while the dentist tends to other patients. Thanks to teledentistry, patients can now instantly connect to a dentist and receive a consultation remotely—right in the comfort of their home.
- More affordable costs. Teledentistry allows patients to receive quality care that is on par with the care that they would receive at a traditional brick and mortar clinic, but the costs can be more affordable. This allows patients to save money while still getting the dental care that they need.
- Better access to dental care for you and your family. With teledentistry, you and your family are able to have access to a large network of dental professionals. These dentists are available 24/7 to help you and your loved ones with any dental issues you may have. This means that no matter the time or day, you and your family can have rapid access to dental care.